This is the conclusion of an article which began last month. To see the entire article, visit our website, www.legacyadvisorsgroup.com
A colleague of mine relayed the following words of wisdom which he acquired from a client that had to sell his company from his death bed. The client and his family dictated these bits of wisdom in one long visit, and I feel privileged to now share them with you:
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
25. Always choose life.
26. Forgive everyone everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
29. However good or bad a situation is it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Believe in miracles.
32. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
33. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
34. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
37 Do not audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
38. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
39. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
43. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
44. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
46. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Reprinted with permission. Source: Mark Borkowski, Mercantile Mergers and Acquisitions Corporation, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
On another note, if you know of a business owner who’s thinking of selling or buying a business and who might benefit from a free, confidential, consultation with us, have them contact me at email@example.com
By: Mike Ertel, Transworld M&A Advisors